Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Thoughts on Stars (And Apologies on Absences!)

It's been a little while... the cold morphed into a stomach-flu-thingy and that kind of knocked me out for a few weeks. Hopefully, my immune system shall be fantastically happy from now on... and nice to me. Nice to me would be good. ;)

When I was very sick, the curtains were drawn in the bedroom. I wanted nothing more than a whiff of fresh air, or a glimpse of strong branches outside my window- so I opened one set of curtains. In the early morning, I came awake and simply watched the stars. Kind, silent presences that- by their very existence- gave me comfort and a small measure of strength, they twinkled in the grand dome of the sky, winking and whispering their magic. I thanked them silently, smiling and feeling at peace.

Certain stars have long been my friends. The gathering of sister stars in the constellation of Cassiopeia always garner a sweeping bow and gentle smile from me in their direction. I used to take long walks beneath them- beneath the gentle guidance of Mother Moon and an endless perpetuation of midnight black... I loved it- I reached up my hands and danced beneath the sky as if that small offering could show the gratitude I felt for it all.

Here's a secret:

I still do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home